CAVI (Community Awareness & Village Improvement) is a Voluntary Organization founded in 1989. CAVI is a non-political, non-profit, non-governmental, non-secretarian Organization in the fields of Physical, Intellectual, Socio-Economical and Spiritual welfare and sustainable development of the communities working in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana States.
“Transformed Communities & Enhanced Quality Lives of the People”
CAVI is a Humanitarian Voluntary Organization, whose Mission is to create lasting change in the lives of Children, Families and Communities, living in Poverty and Injustice irrespective of Caste, Creed and Color.
Social Justice & Peace to Everyone in the Communities
We CAVI NGO, uphold these core values in our own work and promote them in the non-profit sector as a whole. They represent what we believe in, what we stand for, and how we approach everything we do.
• The non-profit sector’s vital role in our society: A strong and independent non-profit sector is essential for weaving the social, cultural, environmental, and economic fabric of our society. It provides needed services, gives people a way to participate as citizens and volunteers, stands up for underrepresented citizens, and pioneers solutions to major social problems. In order to fulfill these roles, the non-profit sector must defend non-profits’ fundamental right to advocate and lobby for their constituents and causes.
• Innovation and a sense of hope: Non-profits believe that we can create a better future through innovation and societal change. This sense of hope leads to creative approaches and new models that work. We seek to nurture the spirit of the non-profit community by recognizing and celebrating successes, as well as learning from valuable failures.
• Integrity and accountability: We help non-profits to be effective in achieving their missions and accountable to all their stakeholders – their community, constituents, donors, board, staff, volunteers, collaborators, the government, etc. We believe in modelling this trustworthiness and integrity that earns continuously the public’s high regard for the non-profit sector. This reflects an alignment between what we say, what we do, and how we do it.
• The rich diversity of the people of India: We celebrate, respect, and include all India’s people, cultures, regions, religions, and political views.
• Outstanding service: We are committed to a strong ethic of timely, reliable service to non-profits of all sizes and types in all States of India. We strive to create an environment in which non-profit practitioners feel heard, safe, respected, and supported.
• Responsible stewardship: We are committed to careful stewardship of all human, natural, and financial resources. This means we use carefully the time and talents of those working with the Center, we are environmentally responsible, and we spend wisely the funds invested in us.
• Sustainability: We believe it is important to recognize the value of non-profits’ work by investing in their organizations and their people. This includes providing learning opportunities for volunteers and staff, as well as compensation and benefits that are adequate to sustain staff members and their families.
We recognize that values cannot be legislated; they must be lived. No document can substitute for the attitudes, decisions and actions that make up the fabric of our life and work. Therefore, we covenant with each other, before God, to do our utmost individually and as corporate entities within the Community Awareness & Village Improvement Partnership to uphold these Core Values, to honor them in our decisions, to express them in our relationships and to act consistently with them wherever Community Awareness & Village Improvement is at work.